The Office of Statistical Consulting is Equipped to Help You
The Office of Statistical Consulting was established in 1983 by Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, to meet the increasing demand by researchers, faculty, students, and administrators throughout the university for advice on collecting and interpreting data. Researchers from a broad range of disciplines, such as the biological sciences, computer science, education, library science, and the social sciences, can receive expert assistance from the consulting office. New initiatives of promoting collaborative interdisciplinary research have been recently established to meet the current trend of scientific research.
Consulting services are provided by faculty members and graduate students under the supervision of faculty members. The main types of activities include:
- Faculty/researcher/graduate student research problems, including statistical methodologies, experimental design and data collection, data analysis, and interpretation of results
- Inter-disciplinary research and methodology development
- Grant planning and development, power analysis, proposal preparation
- Graduate student training/education in quantitative skills and experience on real data analysis
- Among others
- Offering statistical advices and performing statistical analysis of data for clients
- Tutoring users on how to use statistical software, technical support and instruction for supported software
- Extracting or converting data into a format that suitable for analysis
- Among others
Active participation by statistics faculty in the Office of Statistical Consulting allows researchers throughout and outside the university to draw on current knowledge of the best statistical techniques. Areas of expertise include biostatistics, genetics, data mining, experimental design, survey sampling, multivariate analysis, statistical modeling and methodology development, modern data analysis, statistical computing, nonparametric statistics, quality control (including data quality control), reliability theory, large-sample theory, queuing theory, combinatorics, stochastic processes, probability, statistical decision theory, image restoration and reconstruction, sequential analysis, semi-parametric estimation, and operations research.
How to Get the Help You Need
Call the Office of Statistical Consulting 848-445-7675 to schedule an appointment to discuss your problem. There is no charge for the initial review. Based on this discussion, the types and levels of statistical services required are determined, ranging from statistical design of experiments or surveys to modern data analysis. There are normally fees for our service, but Rutgers students and faculty whose work is not being supported by a grant can apply for a waiver. Please visit OSC web page http://stat.rutgers.edu for more information.
Office of Statistical Consulting
Department of Statistics
561 Hill Center-Busch Campus
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
110 Frelinghuysen Rd
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8019, USA