Cross-Registration Policies

Rutgers has arrangements with various other universities that allow their graduate students to take graduate courses at Rutgers. Conditions and procedures vary.

Students from Other Universities Wishing to take Rutgers Courses

  • Princeton students may use the Rutgers Exchange Program.
  • New Jersey Institute of Technology students should use the procedure commonly used for taking Rutgers-Newark courses.
  • Students in the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey should use the Rutgers, NB/UMDNJ Cross Registration procedure. This policy does not apply to students in the joint Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy - School of Public Health at UMDNJ Master of Public Health program, who should follow a different policy.

Rutgers Students Wishing to take Courses at Other Universities